Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wow, Monday's weather was a bit more than what I was looking for. Wind and snow came through here about 50 mph, the highways all closed due to extremely poor visibility and cars off to the side all over the place. But the library was OPEN. Luckily, for a number of people I was stupid (lucky)enough to get to work on Monday. When the highway closed down,the rescue people and fire dept sent everyone who was trying to get on the highway (275) back to Pilger. They were told to either go to the store, cafe or the library. I normally close at 6:00. Monday night I didn't lock the doors until about 9:00. My daughter, myself and three other stranded travelers were all prepared to sleep on the library floor with blankets provided by the fire dept. A local lady stopped by and insisted we come to her house. We all did. Maybe I'm a bit to dedicated.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm sure it wasn't fun being stranded by the weather and having to stay open late, but what a wonderful service your library provided!